View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #13
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
That way, if things go bad, I can re-insert the original card and image. Correct?
In theory, yes. In practice, opening the device might void your warranty, not to mention the risk of damaging the hardware somehow.

For firmware modifications such as you find here on these forums, all you have to do is always have a backup of your files. Under normal circumstances even if things go completely south, the factory reset method described above should still work. (It stops working when you start messing with bootloaders, kernels and partitions.)

I probably wouldn't have cut a hole into the back of my H2O for easy SD card access, had I known of this method before