Thread: PRS-500 Logging ebookUsb.dll calls
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Logging ebookUsb.dll calls

If anyone is interested, I have made a replacement ebookUsb.dll that can be dropped in to the reader software directory. It logs all the calls into the DLL to a file c:\reader.log (and then calls into the real DLL; i.e. its just a thin wrapper).

Note that you *will* need to modify your existing ebookUsb.dll, changing the name to ibookUsb.dll, and changing the first letter of each entry point to be an I (so the Usb* functions become Isb* and the CheckBlock function becomes IheckBlock). Obviously you should keep a backup first. I'm not including a patched version of the original DLL due to copyright and other restrictions.

VS.Net project is available here . You can also use this to set breakpoints in calls in the VS debugger, etc. I did this mostly to figure out why my prsutils prog isn't copying files, but it could be useful to others who want to take things much further than I'm interested in going.

Last edited by geekraver; 10-21-2006 at 03:33 AM.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote