View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccioberto
Is there any fundamental reason for leaving iLiad direct support out of the calibre development plans?
Who said anything about it not being in the development plans? My goal is to support every device that has a subforum here. iLiad support is going to come eventually but it's going to be a bit for a few reasons. No one working on Calibre owns an iLiad. This makes it the information gathering and testing process longer. It's a bit more complicated to add support than the Kindle and Cybook. This is due to the manifest xml. I haven't done very much research yet into other things that need to be handled. Also, right now Calibre is going though some major re-factoring. Meaning I don't want to take the time to add support for a new device right now because when the re-factoring is finished I will have to port the code the new system. I haven't been following the re-factoring much so I don't know how much work this will entail. Even if it is minimal I would rather code to the new interface than code and have to recode. Until the re-factoring is done I would rather spend my time completing other things on my todo list.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote