View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Too many publishers have shut in the last few years leaving authors high and dry and taking all the money, plus with the Eloras Cave mess ongoing it's surprising we actually have any authors willing to write and sell ebooks any more. I can see a future of only Amazon and only KU, it's a frightening future.
No, not a fun prospect.
But the big boys can't be bothered to actively compete, which leaves it to the b-listers.
(Not that it is solely--or even primarily--Apple and Google's fault at this point.)

This one, though, is shaping up to be the worst yet.

Like, a few authors I've seen commenting say that ARe used to be a sizeable portion of their sales but steadily declined over the past couple of years. Which is what makes the 3 day notice thing so obnoxious. They had to know they were sinking and instead of trying to wind down gracefully for the sake of their partners and customers they arranged for a nosedive. That speaks of either delusion or malice.

I expect a horde of lawyers are scrambling to file lawsuits by Friday, ahead of the unavoidable bankruptcy.

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-28-2016 at 08:09 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote