View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #31
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I've only read 2 chapters and the second was absolutely riveting. I'm not sure what purpose the story of Jesus and Pontius Pilate is going to have for the rest of the book but I devoured it.
Like a number of themes and traits, Bulgakov might have modeled it after Goethes's Faust.

This is what I copy/pasted from an essay about Faust that I received as a private communication.

... In the second part, however, many find themselves in foreign country – much like the science fiction of the 20th century – as the established narrative seems sunken into the ground and the characters suddenly move from Antiquity, through the Middle Ages and into the future. ...
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote