View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Hi, Iamboring, I also have a question regarding the perceived potential difference between the two, I read in another thread that with softrooted Nook of the 3G version, you can set it up to use your local SIM card for internet access. With the wifi only version, they obviously removed the 3G module. So if the 3G module is removed and if I am in a foreign country that I don't have my wireless home network access and need to use a prepaid SIM card or such for internet access, do I have to get a 3G version or does a wifi only nook also works? Also, does RSS reader work well on wifi-only version with home wireless connection?

I am asking this also because I dont currently buy books from B&N bookstore (most titles I searched seems to be more expensive than amazon and Sony ebook store) and 3G for buy books only does not do me much good, so I am looking at if there is any potential value to go for a 3G after it is softrooted, such as the SIM card usage I am thinking right now, but not sure if wifi only version can also use SIM card to access internet.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote