View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #6165
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I've wondered why time lords are only allowed 12 regenerations. Although it is possible that they can be granted a new set (as The Master was offered), why was it limited to 12 in a cycle?

A theory I have is that the reason that it was limited to 12 is due to a limitation in a time lords brain. Although vast, it is likely that a time lords brain only has a limited capacity. The regeneration limit might have been set due this.

Based on this theory, I could imagine the following situation: In the future the far The Doctor encounters a companion who meant a great deal to him in the past (such as Susan, Jamie, Sarah Jane Smith, Rose Tyler, Amy Pond), and he has absolutely no memory of him/her. It is not just that the memory is repressed, but it is completely gone due to The Doctor's mind needing more memory space. Due to this, the companion is a complete stranger to him now.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote