View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Unhappy cc and moon+ will not agree on file path names

i have had this issue on other tablets, but it is bugging me now on my new Lenovo yoga tab ( android 7)
CC uses storage/emulated/0..... as part af any path name to books' folders, which is believe is the official correct method
but the moon+ folder browser replaces emulated with a symlink? of sdcard so when I browse to the folder that CC is using- /emulated/0/books , moon+ shows it as /sdcard/books.

both programs disallow typing a folder path, you have to browse from root and accept that offered path names

having two different path names which lead to the same folder causes various problems - leads to duplicate entries in recent books if the same book is opened 1) via CC, 2 via moon+ my files. and to issues with delete: e.g. if I delete a book in CC, moon+ keeps the /sdcard/ reference to it in recent files, though admits that the file is not present when queried

my previous workaround , on my samsung tablet, was to use a real SD card, then both programs would agree on the path to that, but I have no actual sd card in this Lenovo tablet, nor do I really need one as it has 32Gb on board.

is there ANY way to force the 2 programs to agree on a path name to a books folder in internal storage?

PS I have posted here rather than in the very long Moon+ thread elsewhere. rules say I cannot post twice but I am happy for the question to be moved,

I have tried putting the CC folder elsewhere, but any selection gets prefixed with /emulated/0 and that is always changed, in moon+ to /sdcard
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote