View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #7
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I'm not sure why sony device is so closed
I think it is corporate identity: they mostly build appliances (as opposed to the "assembling" idea of normal IT systems).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Perhaps the Dutch Remarkable is more open?
To the best of my peek, no - the opposite. It could probably run a full GNU/Linux desktop distribution - though its low hardware specs would make it infeasible -, but it only runs specific software and "will consider the possibility of releasing the SDK to an amount of chosen developers". Now - we do not have a full productivity park (no-further-needs-thank-you software) on Android, with Google behind it, after ten years and market leadership...

Last edited by mdp; 05-21-2018 at 07:56 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote