View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #29
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I've had two other Slimfits and really liked them. On one the corners split a little, and Gecko replaced it immediately when I sent a photo (with no need for me to pay postage to return it).

Good product, backed up by customer service.
That's really good to know. That Slimfit cover looks like it works very much like the Kobo cover for the Aura One and I like that - so now I have an option if the H2O cover turns out to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've been as happy with my Fintie and Moko covers for my Kobos as I've been with their OEM covers which I think are absurdly overpriced. I will not pay a significant percentage of a device price for a cover. Also, the OEM cover for the Mini is terrible; bulky and oversized, it obviates the advantages of the device to a large extent. I wish I had looked for a better after market cover back when it was possible.
Am I just not looking in the right place? The Fintie website shows nothing for Kobo, even with a search, and MokoDirect shows only a couple of pouches to a fit the 6" readers. Maybe they've both given up on Kobo.

I've only had two readers so far (third is on its way), with one OEM cover each. The Sony cover is only now starting to fall apart, so while $50 seemed excessive at the time, spread over 8 years it's not really that bad. I don't know if the Kobo covers will last that long ... I don't even know if the devices will.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote