View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #313
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle3w_Pdfs View Post
Thanks for the tip about the Kindlet jailbreak, which I never installed. The jailbreak I installed is about 6 years old.

Does LaunchPad need the Kindlet jailbreak only for the "Shift Shift I" command?

The reason I ask is that I found an installation alternative that doesn't used Shift Shift I. Instead of copying the Librerator zip file to the customupdates folder, I copied it to the Kindle's usb root folder and extracted the zip manually. (Then I deleted the zip file and deleted the unneeded kite folder.) Then Shift Shift Space to load the new .ini file. (Followed by Shift L L to launch Librerator, which succeeded.)

I would also ask whether Librerator needs the Kindlet jailbreak for any of its operations, but that question belongs in the Librerator thread.
Only Kindlets need the Kindlet jailbreak.

Kindlet file names make them look like documents, in fact, they are documents.
(KUAL is an example)
If you run KUAL on your Kindle, then for certain you need the Kindlet jailbreak.
KUAL is the more recent (three years ago) replacement for the no longer maintained launchpad.

Last edited by knc1; 12-30-2016 at 04:29 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote