View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #305
GreyCells
GreyCells began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX US wireless
Hi All

- Start of Short Msg:
Cannot install LaunchPad on Kindle DX. After adding the update file to the root folder the "Update Your Kindle" option is not enabled. And after restart it tries to update but fails with error 0003 (I read in one of the msg in this very thread that updating on restart might cause this error and not if you do it via UYK).

I tried the KindleTool also to repackage it but the UYK will still not be enabled.
- End of Short Msg.

I thought somebody can help me with this to read .mobi format which I create via Calibre so here is the long message below

I brought a old Kindle DX US wireless for reading purpose. Unfortunately I did not realized at the time of purchase that wireless will not work in my country. This Kindle DX will not let me register and I believe due to which it does not allow me to read the MOBI files that I create using Calibre (these are html articles which I wanted to read on kindle and hence using this software Calibre).

When I open the .mobi files all it says is "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete t he item and redownload it from Archived items available in Home". Now obviously I have not purchased it but create the .mobi from html articles.

So I turned to mobileread.com which gave me option to install "kindlepdfviewer" and requires me to install Launchpad for Kindle DX.
GreyCells is offline   Reply With Quote