View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #30
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Sort of. Amazon's category information is independent of the ebook files, but if the producer of the ebook populates the "tags" metadata field, Calibre imports that information. Unfortunately, the tags information is mostly crap. Most ebooks don't populate it and the ones that do, don't seem to understand what it's for. I created my own field for the subject and spend a few minutes populating it when I import books. When I initially created the field, I had about 2000 books and it took me a week or so. I'd filter my library by no subject and enter them until the list was empty.
Thanks. Really invaluable information that I don't know where I would have ever found otherwise.

Knowing information about the subject of an ebook would be greatest at the time of purchase. So, after I set up Calibre, it seems like the best thing to do is to immediately after purchase of an ebook, or as soon thereafter as reasonably possible, import the ebook into Calibre. Then, enter the subject information into the field.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-12-2016 at 07:46 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote