View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #29
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
ADDENDUM: Is there a way for Calibre to automatically organize your books by subject? I know that that would almost be too good to be true, if there was. I have often wondered why Kindle and Kindle readers apparently aren't set up to do this. Amazon just has to have metadata, such as metatags, for all of these books that they sell or they wouldn't be able to put them in categories on their website like they do.
Sort of. Amazon's category information is independent of the ebook files, but if the producer of the ebook populates the "tags" metadata field, Calibre imports that information. Unfortunately, the tags information is mostly crap. Most ebooks don't populate it and the ones that do, don't seem to understand what it's for. I created my own field for the subject and spend a few minutes populating it when I import books. When I initially created the field, I had about 2000 books and it took me a week or so. I'd filter my library by no subject and enter them until the list was empty.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote