View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #27
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Great tip. Thanks.

For some reason, I have been a holdout on using Calibre. I've downloaded it a few times and actually installed it a time or two, but never actually put it to use! But I know that it would be helpful in so many ways, and after I started to use it I probably would wonder why I waited so long . . . .
That's exactly how I was. I hated it every time I tried it out, mostly because a whole lot of bells and whistles that I don't like are enabled by default. When my collection passed a few hundred books across a half-dozen bookstores, my old organizational method (directories by genre) became unwieldy and I started doing things like accidentally deleting books when I was rearranging them and such. I basically just sucked it up and spent a few days learning how to disable all of the features that annoy me and now I don't know what I'd do without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
The publisher of this book, the Knights of Columbus, is in some way associated with the Roman Catholic Church. Even if the organization is not officially sanctioned by the Vatican, one certainly can say that it is an organization made up of Roman Catholics.
The very short and mostly sane answer is that the Catholic Church historically believed that the Masons were anti-Catholic and excommunicated any Catholics that joined, so some priests got together and created the Knights of Columbus. If you're ever wondering how to spend an afternoon, Googling Catholic and Freemason together will find you a morass of conflicting and contradictory information where everybody thinks everybody else is part of The Conspiracy. If you get through that and don't feel like you've descended into quite enough madness, throw in a few search terms like "mind control" and "new world order".

You can probably stop when you get to the lizard aliens. I'm not joking.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote