View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: MacBook Air, iPad Mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Moto G
Ummm. Sorry to bump this old thread. I realize that people would no longer be using Symbian now, considering all the newer and shinier Android devices out there. Anyway, you also missed out SmartReader, which is a perfect port of the CoolReader app for Android and various eInk devices that run on OpenInkpot. It can read ePub and FB2. Oh yeah, Foliant now also supports ePub along with FB2, which is a great relief.

I have a hoard of Symbian devices at home, including the old N72, N73, N-Gage (& QD too), and the newer S60 5th edition and Anna and Belle devices. Although I am chiefly an Android and iOS user now, I harbor fond memories with Symbian devices, because that is what got me started on developing. In fact, I started reading eBooks back in 2004 on my N-Gage. So when I had the strange urge to use a Symbian device for a while, I booted up my N97 and thought, 'Well, now that I have my Symbian, why not read a book?' So I looked for new readers and I came across this post and the things i mentioned earlier.

Oh, FBReader have also ported their app to Symbian now. There is also another application that works fine on my Symbian device. It's called Dorian, which has been implemented by QT and works on S60 5th edition devices that have QT installed. A version for Belle and Anna devices have also been made. Bugs have been fixed and the UI has gone through a major cleanup. It's called Ionic and works only on devices that have QT 4.7.4+ installed. Hope this will be of some help to other wayward Symbian enthusiasts that stumble upon this page like I did.
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote