View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausRegenbrecht View Post
This problem started end of August (i don't know the calibre-version/but i update every time). We was staying in holiday till october, and with the 0.9.2 installed comming back, the problems still was present.
You think it started the end of August, but by Kovid's link he thinks it may be a conflict on your system with a change that was introduced June 15 in version 0.8.56. You might want to slowly upgrade one version at a time to see where this conflict first arises on your system.

Other than the slow upgrade path, in calibre 0.9.2 have you tried going to Preferences - Look and Feel and changing User interface style to System default as Kovid indicated in the link in post 2? It may not help but worth the attempt.

If you discover that the mysterious crashes do occur after version 0.8.55 then you are afflicted by a random conflict that has hit some folks. You all must have something common installed or configured, but as yet Kovid hasn't been able to reproduce the error.

I wonder if booting to safe mode removes the problem in version 0.9.2?

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote