Thread: Shared Library?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You would be better of running calibre with a batch file as if I remember correctly even if you are able to use the library from both profiles calibre settings would be different for both users so you will have to install plugins etc 2 times and any custom setting you make won't be available to the 2nd profile.
Good idea.

Running one common calibre settings folder is an advantage of starting calibre from a batch file. All plugins and calibre library custom settings will then be the same for all users. This is how I run my library from dropbox, even though I install calibre independently on each of the machines, the config directory is the exact same directory on each machine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote