Thread: Shared Library?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip36Fld View Post
It has been a long time since I have had to think at this level with these machines so it was not immediately intuitive that there are indeed multiple levels of sharing. Thank you for your patience.

It now seems that I have run into the long-standing and infamous "unable to remove Read-Only attribute" design feature in my OS. Specifically my machine is running Windows XP Professional 32-Bit with Service Pack 3, version 3.0.

Again, for now I will have to live with either making all calibre user accounts Adminstrator accounts prior to any of them using calibre, or with having just one calibre user on the computer in question.
You have Professional. That has more control(s)
Did you try right click on the Folder: Properties Sharing tab?

BTW Calibre installs the program for All Users if installed by an Administrator

(Look in: /Documents and Settings/All Users/Start menu) See if the Calibre shortcut is there
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote