View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
I'm scanning books that I may want to buy when my Kindle arrives. I was going to put them on my "wish list" but that option doesn't appear to be available on the kindle books. But there is a button for "send sample now".

Since I don't know my Kindle email address, and one will be assigned for me by Amazon, will my sample requests show up on my kindle when it arrives? Has anyone tried it?
When you get your Kindle you will register it (or it may already be registered). Then simply turn on the EVDO and the samples will download. You can hasten the process by clicking 'Check for New Items' on the Home screen. Or you can go to 'Content Manager' and manually download items which are labeled 'Amazon' (the word amazon will be in black under the item)

Your Kindle email address is only used when receiving items that you sent to be formatted, ie. you didn't purchase from amazon. Don't worry Uncle Jeff has done all the work (and taken your money). It's flawless and you can download as many free samples as you wish at no charge.

You can get your Kindle email address by going to 'manage your Kindle' on the Amazon site. It should show there if you are signed in under your account name associated with the Kindle.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote