View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 01Hawk View Post
I'd contact Amazon for a free replacement.

Which makes me wonder, I wonder just HOW many replacements they're keeping on hand just for this scenario.... one of them could be shipping to my house right meow instead of mid September!
That was a good point. I doubt they would make people with defective units wait until mid-Sept for the replacement, but you never know. I'm glad mine is still mostly functional, so if I decide to replace it I'd probably wait for a couple of weeks anyway. Before I had gotten it, I was very excited about the web-browser feature, and the fact that the browser won't even open is a big bummer. Maybe they'll have some kind of a firmware update for that, though.

Another point, and I don't know if it matters, is that I pre-ordered the Kindle within a couple of hours of the announcement. I wonder if the others who have rattling Kindles also were one of the first to place orders...
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote