View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 AM   #18
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
files on SD card

Hi,

There's no conversion that I've found, the file remains the same.

Before I got the Reader or rather my convince my wife to get one for the 'family', we went to the SonyStyle store and I put my SD card from my Palm TX into the demo model on display. The Reader took a while to read the less than half full 512MB card of jpegs, pdfs, xls, doc, txt

We were stunned when all my pictures displayed, the txt and PDFs displayed without necessitating conversion. Unfortunately not all PDFs displayed well as we know now, but it was remarkable to experience e-ink for the first time.

When we got the reader and loaded up the Library in the desktop Connect software and synced to the Reader, display results were the same and I could still see the files in PalmPDF so no conversion was done.

I just discovered manybooks.net and I would say many smaller cards are better than 1 big one as it takes a long time for my Reader to load up 62 books from a 512MB card and sometimes it freezes unless I reset or toggle on/off.

Now I'm learning more about lrf bbob xyz all this ebook conversion mess. Thankfully there are helpful folk like Igorsk and GeekRaver to help guide the road to readability.

Best,
tony
huari is offline   Reply With Quote