View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I love my Sony but I also like Kindle. Where are you getting your info from that you say Kindles are notoriously unreliable? Never heard of it.
If you look around enough you can find complaints about all of the various brands to make you think they're all extremely fragile junk if you don't have any positive comments to even things out. I have dedicated devices from Amazon, Kobo, Sony & Bookeen and they've all been fine, some for many years. The older Sony's (505, 650) had a perceived better build quality due to their metal housings, but other than that I think all of the eInk devices are of similar quality. They all have the same type of glass substrate screens (with a few exceptions) which are generally their weak point as far as durability.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote