View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #34
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Amazon does not appear to be struggling to keep it's ebook revenues up, so it looks like you do not speak for the bulk of the market.
Amazon doesn't set the prices. They just sell the books. In any case, when I look at the best selling books, the overwhelming majority cost less than the paper version. This would seem to indicate that readers in general aren't willing to pay more for the e-book than for the paper book. Sure, some people are, but they are the minority.

Quote:
You are of course free to 'move on' for any reason you like. You can move on because the cover image clashes with your living room decor.
To me, that would be just as valid a reason as arbitrarily and presumptive deciding that a product is priced too high, not because of the value that product offers you, but only by comparing the price to a different product.
I'm not comparing it to a different product. I'm comparing it to the same product in a different format. Why shouldn't we compare prices? Is that really so presumptuous? I'm simply choosing not to be a sucker.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote