View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #1811
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Wow! Now I am in the position of having to wait for the next book! And boy-O-boy am I ever impatient! I really enjoyed this series. Also I see what treadlightly meant about book 5 taking the storyline in a different direction, but it didn't bother me in the least. I did miss the cop/investigator thing but not so much as to its lack detracting from the story.

Interesting, and I'm glad you liked it. I really missed the departure from the UF/police procedural feel and felt the move to a high-fantasy realm with its necessary descriptions slowed down the pacing too much. But for me, the biggest turnoff was that this installment smelled too much like Laurell K Hamilton.

I don't think I'll be rushing to read the next one unless there are some really positive reviews.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote