View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrahloh View Post
You can go straight through Kobo in Australia and New Zealand and they will pay into your account with local currency – no tax problems needed, as they have offices in both countries!

You'd be crazy to go through Smashy or BookBaby for Kobo if you're in Australia, if you have the time. You're paying tax and % to companies in the US, for a company that is here!

I like their publishing system, it's usually very clean and easy. Every now and then a book gets stuck in 'publishing' for a couple of days.
But I think they're pretty good. They need to promote their books more though.
The need to promote their author/publisher access better too. Where did you find out about their presence in Australia? I had looked in the past and found very little information, I had assumed they were U.S. only like most others.

Read the threads linked above about BookBaby and not needing U.S. tax numbers through them. I wanted Amazon access and have, for now, chosen BookBaby to avoid the tax and payment problems, but I may have considered going direct with Kobo had I realised they were accessible locally.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote