View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Hi,
I have got a one-page extract from a German book (don't know the title, it was sent to me by a colleague whom I asked for a "small example").

This pdf file shows all "symptoms" as my "original" one, so it should allow you to "test" it on your devices.
Please report the results -> if there are problems specific to the "mixed" firmware, I will need to try to contact the "author" of it.
Note: the issue 7) reported in my previous post does NOT appear with this pdf file as I am able to "select" single words in this "book" -> this problem appears in pdf files that originate in LaTeX, I believe.

Best regards,
Pepe.

P.S. I just noticed one more thing related to the issue 2) reported in my first post here. If the German umlaut character is uppercase, you will see only one character in the "full screen" dictionary window (i.e. after "clicking" the "D" icon), but in fact there is another one which is "invisible", right after the one that you can see -> you need to delete two characters (and then introduce a single one from the keyboard), if you want to get the "translation". If the German umlaut letter is lowercase, you will see both "wrong ascii characters".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf german_trial_page.pdf (59.8 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote