Thread: Timothy Zahn
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
To be honest, I thought Alan Dean Foster's Splinter of the Minds Eye did a better job of capturing the essences of the leading characters. Zahn did well capturing the setting, the tech, the battles and the overall Star Wars ambiance ... but his characterizations just didn't "sing" for me. And I'm a very character oriented reader.

I'll have to give his non-Star Wars stuff a try someday. Like I said ... I found what I read to be unmemorable, not bad.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote