View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #13135
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Parker and Stabenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Finished my first Robert B Parker book, Night Passage and it certainly didn't disappoint! In fact I added the TV movie to the top of my Netflix queue so I can see it again.

Now I'm going back to Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak series to read Breakup, $4.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I enjoy the Stone books (and TV movies), but honestly don't think they're as strong as his Spenser books. Possibly because I've been reading the Spenser books since the beginning, and I see things in the Stone books that are just one more rehash of the same old thing. (His protagonists have significant problems with relationships, and even though Spenser has a long-standing relationship with Susan, it's very much non-typical and rather uneven. And also fairly unbelievable.)

Breakup is possibly my favourite Stabenow book. It's funny, totally tongue in cheek, and she clearly was trying to see just how far she could go.

Charlie.
I remember a TV series back in the '80s called Spenser for Hire. But I never saw even part of an episode, and have never read any of the books, so I know absolutely nothing about the character. Conversely, I believe I've seen all the Jesse Stone TV movies and have liked them all. Just never read any of the books before.

Wow! I just read the first 3 chapters of Breakup!! Are the remaining fifteen chapters as crazy as these were? Love it so far!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote