View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKenn View Post
I bought a Sony PRS T1 (red) recently, hoping to enjoy ebook reading, esp. the Chinese epub...but then, I tried the above-mentioned "Tweak ePub", step by step, I could only see ?????????????????????? after the first page. I called Sony, and they said I could use PDF format to read books. What's the point?
OK, here's an easier way. Forget about Tweak ePub and Explode ePub:
  • Load the original chinese epub, click on Convert Books.
  • Select "Look & Feel"
  • Copy & Paste this code into the "Extra CSS" box":
    Code:
    @font-face {
       font-family: "DroidFont", serif, sans-serif;
       src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf);
       }
  • Then click "OK"
  • You will be prompted if you want to convert from epub to epub, click Yes.
And that's it! Send to your reader and start reading!
This works for most of the files which don't have specified fonts or font reference in the original epub. If it has, you may need to add the font name to the "font-family" above.
I have only used books with unicode, which definitely works; I believe it should also work with Big5 and GB codes too, though I have not tried this.

Last edited by nosnoop; 12-07-2011 at 02:07 AM.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote