View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #66
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
please try this: find a correct font for romanian characters and rename its files according to FAQ, then copy to cr3/fonts.
let us know the result
Rendering of EPUB books with Romanian characters works normal. Rendering of MOBI books with Romanian characters raises the issue described above: it looks as if the unicode fonts are dealt correctly with EPUB, but not with MOBI. It may be consistent with the german umlaut issue raised earlier in this thread.

Quote:
in the first place there should be a jailbreak for Kindle Touch to use CR on it which doesn't exist for now.

This sort of things need a hack to change KindleOS's behaviour which is not related with CR directly.
Yes, neither issue concerns CR directly. I was dreaming with loud voice as of how would this work in a touch, and keyboardless environment.

Quote:
Maybe one can write a script for you to launch CR on every boots.
I will need to study this. I am thinking about the following scenario:
- start CR at every boot (should be easy with usbnetwork; I assume a unix environment on kindle);
- use a file manager (even with keyboard run);
- the file manager starts CR with .epub and other files
- and starts the standard reader with the other files, where the standard reader works best.

Quote:
You cant read DRMed mobi files on CR, also there is not whispernet and active content support on CR.
Yes, you are right. I ignored these two issues, I was thinking about the reading experience alone, i.e. the main functionality of a reader.

I will keep in touch. Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote