View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I had set up the gapps using emusan's approach, but did not have calendar syncing.

In fact, I notice that I have two different icons for calendar, one on the home screen with the android figure on it and one on the app screen that looks like a wirebound notebook with a spiral on the page.

When I click on the home screen calendar icon, a message appears that the app isn't installed.

When I click on the calendar icon on the app screen, it launches a calendar.

After using the Froyo mail approach, the calendar on the app screen now shows the one appointment I have set up on my computer on google calendar. Hurray.

However, I am puzzled by two things: (1) the existence of the android calendar icon (a non installed program that I cannot find on the system and (2) that on the Accounts and Sync page, "Local Calendar" is listed with "Sync is OFF".

When I look at the Corporate and google accounts (both with the same username/pword), they both list contact and calendar for syncing. Only the google account shows the rotating curved arrows that stand for syncing though.

Does this seem different from what other folks with calendar syncing have?

Thanks,

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote