View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
New in Town
New in Town began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Moving to Chicago? A new ebook for new residents of the Windy City

Hello everyone. I am proud to finally announce my first self-published eBook and join this board now that I’m involved in the eBook community.

My eBook is called http:New in Town Chicago. It’s an eBook designed to help people moving to Chicago adapt to life in the Windy City. It takes the fres new resident, step by step, through the process of starting a new life - from finding a place to live in the Chicago neighborhoods, to settling in, to getting around on the Chicago CTA, to finding places to go, things to do, and people to meet.

The book is different from other books about moving to Chicago because it has less technical information and more advice on building a new life here. Most people who live in Chicago came from small Midwestern towns and the Windy City can be a lonely place during your first few months here. The purpose of this book is to help people through that by showing them how to get settled in comfortably and how to meet people and find interesting things to do – like getting into the Chicago theater scene and visiting the many Chicago street fests.

Unfortunately, I originally made in PDF with hundreds of pictures and beautiful formatting. So when I made the Nook version I had to strip most of that away. However, it still has the same great information about moving to Chicago. You can find the epub and .mobi version bundled with the PDF and Kindle version on my website, you also find them version on Smashwords, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble .

The PDF version is sold on my blog – New in Town Chicago. The blog contains additional and updated information about moving to Chicago and great tips and advice for new residents as well as people who already live in Chicago. I would love it if anyone could provide any feedback on my blog or participate in the article discussions.

If any reader would like to write to write a review for my book, I would be happy to send you a free copy. Or if there are any authors on here who would like to do a review exchange, we can read and review each other’s eBooks.

Thanks! I hope to get to know everyone on this board and contribute to this wonderful community of readers and writers.

New in Town is offline   Reply With Quote