View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #46
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
In another ten years or so, we might see a shift to the status being in having the latest and most expensive/nifty mobile phone/e-mail device and high-powered laptop. In which case, the execs will be doing all their own e-mail and communicating.

To bring things back to the topic, I do feel that ebooks and pbooks can exist side by side. As I said earlier, I see some of the value in ebooks being that books never have to go out of print.

I also see a pushback because as ebooks become more accepted and easier to use, it will change the paradigm of publishing, which has needed a good kick in the pants for 20 years or so. I think the author will have more power in this new paradigm. At least I hope so. But the publishers and booksellers, who have the power balance in their favor now, will fight against it. They would be smarter to try to adapt and get in early IMO.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote