View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
When you plug it into your computer, I believe your DX should go into 'screen saver mode' not be white.....something you might ask about.
Nah...it's fine, the kindle is fine. The drive that handles the ejection of hardware in W7 is causing the problem.

Basically, here's what happens, the only time the screen splits as shown in the first post is if you've ejected the DX wrongly. Once you do that, you seem to permanently "screw" up the memory on the Kindle, until you restart it. If the screensaver is turned on when you plug it in after it has been "ejected" wrongly, you get the split screen as shown.

If you turn on the kindle, THEN plug it in, you get a blank white screen instead without the USB notification on the DX screen.

Also, during the "wrong-removal" period, do note that even after removing the DXG from your computer, as long as it is plugged into the system, the DXG will appear frozen. Only after removing the cable will it be usable.

However, simply restart your Kindle, and always remember to use the method of going to My Computer, followed by right-clicking on the Kindle drive and choosing eject instead of the usual route. As long as you do this, all of the aforementioned systems will go away. You will even be able to use your Kindle while it is charging from your computer.

I hope this post helps people who are having similar issues. =)
P.S. Can a moderator change my thread title to SOLVED? Thanks.
PoisonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote