View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Neptune Crossing in Kindle and Smashwords -- SF by Jeffrey A. Carver

Hi folks -- This is to let you all know that I have just put my novel Neptune Crossing up for sale in the Kindle store and at Smashwords, for $2.99 DRM-free. This novel, published in print by Tor Books, is the opening volume of my series The Chaos Chronicles--which recently picked up after a hiatus with Sunborn, and will continue in due course with The Reefs of Time. Here's a brief description and a few review quotes:

Quote:
The moment John Bandicut encounters an alien intelligence on Neptune's moon Triton, his life changes forever. Urged by the alien quarx now sharing his mind, he accepts an audacious mission—to steal a ship and hurtle across the solar system in a desperate bid for an unwitting Earth's survival. Volume 1 of the acclaimed series The Chaos Chronicles, by the Nebula-nominated author of Eternity's End.

One of the best SF novels of the year — Science Fiction Chronicle

"Jeff Carver is a hard sf writer who gets it right—his science and his people are equally convincing... from a chilling look at alien machine intelligence, to cutting-edge chaos theory, to the pangs of finite humans in the face of the infinite. If you like intriguing ideas delivered in an exciting plot, this is your meat." —Gregory Benford

"Masterfully captures the joy of exploration." — Publishers Weekly

"Reveals an alien encounter brushing hard against a soul, and takes us from there to the far reaches of the cosmos, all with the sure touch of a writer who knows his science. Jeff Carver has done it again!" —David Brin
Please note, this is the same book that's been available for free download for a couple of years now. You can get it here in the MR library, in formats designed with heavy contribution from various members of this forum, as well as my own website. But crazy as it may sound, not all ebook readers frequent this forum (or my website, for that matter), and I wanted to make it easy for all ebook lovers to find, regardless of where they hang out. It should migrate out from Smashwords to Sony, Apple, Kobo, etc.

This is all part of a continuing experiment on reaching out to more readers, which I described recently on my blog.

Oh--one thing is different from the freebies, the cover. My use of the Tor cover was allowed strictly for promotional giveaway, perfectly understandable, so I created my own cover for this edition. Here it is:

Neptune Crossing at Kindle

Neptune Crossing at Smashwords

Last edited by starrigger; 09-10-2010 at 02:17 AM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote