View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #517
lorikitty
lorikitty began at the beginning.

Device: LG V20
Removable Storage Support (Chromebook w/Google Play)

Hello again MultiPie!

First, I've been using Calibre Companion for almost two years now, and joined the Beta per your suggestion shortly after I bought it. I rely on it so much, and love it to death (literally - it's loaded over 10k books on my phone and I'm still trying to kill it).

In that time, I started college, and bought a low-capacity Chromebook that supports the Play Store and has a touch screen interface (the Acer R11). Since I have less than 10GB available storage, and it's half-used by everything else I do with the Chromebook, I bought a high capacity micro SD card with the intent to keep it permanently inserted in the Chromebook. Right now the SD card is loaded with a copy of all the books my phone has, and the settings backup from my phone so I don't have to re-do all that work.

I've tried multiple ways to get Calibre Companion to work with the micro SD card, which the app does see, but it never writes to it. Further research on the matter indicates there's a way to set up the APIs to enable removable storage support, but it's up to the app developer to do that.

Since removable storage isn't the best way to use Calibre Companion, I understand why it's not implemented. Even so, for Chromebook users who use your app, it might be the only way we can have our libraries available while away from our home networks.

Is there any way you could make an exception to your removable storage stance?
lorikitty is offline   Reply With Quote