View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieClarken View Post
Thanks Ea, 85x114 mm works great.

I used these dimenasions to create a PDF of a section of a webpage I wanted to read on the Kindle. For those interested, printing directly from Firefox was making a mess of things so I found the easiest way was to copy to Word, change the dimensions and use Acrobat Pro's "Create PDF" plugin.
My only problem with printing to PDF from Firefox has been how to set margins to '0'. I mean I've tried to set page settings, but I still get a 1-1,5 cm margin. I mostly create PDFs from a word processing application anyway - usually because of the margin issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Campos View Post
PDFs are good, but I preffer to convert they
Added: Sometimes PDFs are the best option. For things like recipes, I might want to keep the ingredient list on a single 'page' - the easiest way to do that is creating a PDF. Likewise with a travel intinary or bus plan.

PDFs are the 'quick-and'dirty' way for me to easily create documents where I need some control over how it's displayed on the page, or where the source material is messy and needs editing.

With some source material, creating a PDF from Word or some such, is by far the quickest and easiest way to make something that looks well. For things like fan fiction, which is short, it's rarely worth it saving as .doc, opening Windows in VMWare, starting up Mobipocket Creator and creating a .mobi book. And I've had poor results with using rtf->mobi in calibre.

Last edited by Ea; 01-01-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote