View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree with most everyone here that there seems like a one time cost to setup the infrastructure for delivering e-book contents. But I think after the infrastructure is setup, the cost of actually maintaining an e-book delivery service would be less. You cut out the need for having to do business with retail stores, storage space and shipping.

I guess it depends on how much it costs to hire tech support and tech people to operate and maintain the infrastructure.

I think the question I have, does the publishing industry really want to go digital. Right now, I think there is a premium price assocated with hardback versus paperback books and publishers gain some revenue with hardback editions. Can't see them doing the same for electronic versions, so they probably have to come up with a different model to make up that money. Perhaps offer editions with extra content for a higher price?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote