View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #799
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Rather than upload a copyrighted book, I would rather use a small epub that I use to test Marvin on the iPad. All the paragraphs should be justified, and all paragraphs except 4 and 4a should be indented. On my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, nothing is justified, and none of the paragraphs are indented. Monospace doesn't work, extra whitespace in a <div> doesn't work, line-height doesn't work... I hope it's just me being stupid, but I can't figure it out. Thanks for taking a look.
I downloaded you epub and put it down to one of my tablets. When I opened it up with Mantano it looked exactly as you had intended. I opened it up with Cool Reader and saw the problems that you described.

When I opened it up with Sigil I notice that you had two stylesheets. Cool Reader doesn't like @Page so I deleted it with its reference. This cleared the indent problem.

I have never been able to get embedded fonts or negative margins working with Cool Reader so I quit trying.

There is always a work around for the negative margin problem, but I think you're kinda stuck with line-height: and font stuff as far as Cool Reader is concerned.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.
Attached Files
File Type: epub CSS Alt Testbed.epub (124.7 KB, 232 views)
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote