Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #31
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Thanks.

I guess I need to buy a book with discussion of temp files, symlinks, and ramdisks on OS X Mountain Lion.

For now I'm not using ramdisk until I know what I'm doing.
On Windows and Linux (and I presume on MacOS as well) you can over-ride Calibre using the system /tmp by setting the CALIBRE_TEMP environment variable to point to where you want Calibre to put its temporary files. This might save you doing some research and shoudl certainly be quick to try?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote