View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #273
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw360 View Post
Great software. NR!
Thanks, it was well written by Ashish Kulkarni and a pleasure to maintain!

Quote:
The 'Optimize PNG' parameter is supposed to shrink file size, right?
I tried to convert a pdf file, one is on, one is off. The final .prc files are same size, although the temp .png file sizes are different.
Yes, the .pngs get processed differently, but then, I think, the html2mobi code (from MobiPerl) converts them to .jpg for inclusion in the .prc. So the 'optimize png' refers to the temporay .png files created. However, if I create a REB1200 .imp ebook from those .png (my ebook reader uses this format), then the .pngs are stored "as is" and then you would notice a betterment in the resulting ebook filesize.

Quote:
Is it because the final .prc file re-encode the png files to jpg?
Is there a software can inspect .prc file?
I believe it is. Check the MobiPerl suite of programs, namely mobi2html, or calibre. Even my Mobi2IMP program will explode a .prc into .html and images (just don't fix anything when using Mobi2IMP).
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote