View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #52
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
By agenda, do you mean that the point of this book was to show the human suffering, the toll taken on young women whom the radium companies had ingest radium in the interest of efficiency at the same time that the male scientists they employed were garbed in lead aprons? Alrighty, then. No argument.

Agenda is yet another loaded term. There's no failure in conception to have the focus be on the women.
My goodness there you go again.

I think most know that there are a lot of agendas writers can have in their work, but I'm out of here because apparently one (perhaps only white males) cannot make a comment without it being distorted into the worst possible light of being sexist.

My farewell comment is that I hope those with a genuine and balanced interest in the matter read Claudia Clark's book.

EDIT
: And there you go #51 yet again - putting the world (and me) into sexist tribes. Goodbye.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 05-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote