Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yeah, well as Mandy said - 'They would say that, wouldn't they'.
Yeah, I wondered that too, some of them would blame OS X for broken symlinks that they broke themselves. But I'm not sure that accounts for all of it.

Quote:
Re performance settings : I often have other heavy duty things going on - Matlab models, software builds, video conversions. When I do a bulk operations in Calibre I am happy to go away and do something else, read newsfeeds, debug code, watch stock tickers - have lunch. If the Calibre job takes 20 minutes rather than 10 that's cool, there's always another fish to fry
I usually don't have any other cpu intensive processes running at the same time as calibre.

Quote:
A couple of days ago I discovered that Word has keyboard shortcuts for ellipsis and em - I've been using Word for 20+ years - I'm a slow learner

BR
I've been using Word 20+ years too and I didn't know that.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote