View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #13
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't see any point in allowing a user to decide to NOT update the manifest properties when saving. Having the manifest properties correctly set is not a question of optional backward compatibility like the other two actions. It's a question of error/not error when validating. So while I think it's fine (and wise, in fact) to continue to allow a user to manually update the manifest properties anytime they like (via a menu action), I see no point in allowing them to opt out of an automatic update of the manifest properties when saving.
And then again - we've been making backwards compatible epub3's for three years now, without ever using that tool. I seem to remember I tried it, right after Sigil was made epub3-savvy, got an error in some manifest properties (don't ask, I don't remember the exact error), and never touched the thing again.

My point being, if it's not enforced to day, please don't enforce it now, but leave the decision to the user.
Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote