View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
stormsaber
stormsaber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Jailbroke my Kindle Touch - what now?

Hello all,

I have jailbroken my Kindle Touch using the brilliant Kubrick but am not quite sure what to do now. The options are a tad.. overwhelming.

Many sources on these forums have said that it is fine to update your Kindle firmware after a jailbreak - but as a matter of priority I must ask if this is still the case. Can I update my KT to the latest 5.3.x from Amazon without losing the jailbreak? Is that the recommended way to proceed at this point?

Having updated (or not) I'll set about installing KUAL and prerequisites. Are there any must-have KUAL (or other) apps which forumites recommend?

I am most interested in disabling the Kindle's phone-home functionality (I am particularly concerned with automatic updates and Amazon's reputed ability to see what files I have on the device). Do you have any views on the current best way of doing that?

Finally, I am mostly interested in reading epub files on the Kindle and using my directories as collections. Although the wiki has a brilliant index of all the ways of doing that, I'm wondering what ways are most recommended at this point in time.

All the best,

Daniel
stormsaber is offline   Reply With Quote