View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
As I've already said, if the Kindle Guidelines does not include svg as a viable cover image format then why is GG's ebook displayed using svg formatting without any errors after conversion with KP 3?
Because quite simply put: you don't seem to understand the difference between an SVG image and a non-SVG image wrapped in SVG image tags. GG's books validates with no errors because it does not include any images in the SVG format.

As far as the rest goes: I think you're taking a few liberties with regard to the Kindle Publishing Guidelines. That's certainly your choice. But you should probably make it clear that your plugin is not really any kind of true KDP specification validation. It is a plugin that checks for what you personally have decided is good enough for your own KDP uploads.

Regardless of if they're "outdated" or bit ambiguous in spots, it's a bit of a stretch to ignore Kindle Publishing strictures simply based on anecdotal "works for me"s (in a KDP Validation Plugin). Validation is almost never about what "might sometimes work with no problems." It's about setting a baseline that people can then choose to ignore at their own peril--knowledgeable in the fact that "seems to be working" isn't at all the same thing as "valid."
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote