View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #14
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Thanks joedevon for the wikipedia link.
Slightly off-topic: Really interesting, not to say odd.
It appears that there are more titles published per year in the UK than in the States (206,000 and 172,000 respectively)!!
China appears logically at the third position.
Spain in the fifth position, far before France and Italy is also a surprise. I guess it has something to do with spanish speaking Latin America.
It's interesting that Iceland is in top with titles per number of citizens**

1 to 227 for Iceland - 1 to 299 for UK

**You may prove me wrong - I didn't check *all* countries, only some, and then made an educated guess (and I knew they write and read a lot in Iceland)
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote