View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thniels View Post
I have my books organized in subfolders by author. The default setting in Calibre and it works really well with the Tolino reader. I have very much come to fancy the KOReader, however, and in Mosaic-mode this shows the books as tiles with the folder name. Can KOReader collapse the folders to show one mosaic of all books, such as Tolino itself does, or do I have to reorganize my books?
Nope. KORader filemanager will display dirs and files. Files can have a cover, dirs cannot.

You can reorganize your books if you wish, but is not neccesary. You can, instead, modify the value of SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the directory that holds the calibre metadata/database. Use SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH1 too if you have two different libraries in internal/external storage.

Then you can search books using common calibre tags. Once you opened a book it will be available on your history, where you can see the books in mosaics if you wish, without having to navigate to a specific dir before.

Also, keeping hundreds of thousands of files in a single directory is not great as performance would be reduced.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote