View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
here you go :

So, does that help you figure out what I did wrong ?

And Twobob : , but I just can't figure out why I could not access the kindle. I redid what I did before and this time it worked. It was silent around me, that might have done the trick. Did not go over wifi though.
Yes (it will, because I can read it) -

Code:
[root@kindle root]# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p2 already mounted or /mnt/mmc busy
No need to go any further than that,

@ixtab:
The diags. partition is already mounted.
Either an earlier un-mount command was missing (or more likely) had not yet completed.
Reasons for the un-mount not to have completed:

The script had written something to the diags partition, but the writes had not competed (eMMC writes slower than the script runs).

The script still had a file open on the diags partition (or the diags partition was the current directory).

What to do about it (will take a bit of testing since Busybox may not behave the same as the full umount command) -

In sections of the script (since it has section selection, it probably has compete open, do-something, close sequences).

Where the script now has: "umount ..." commands -
Which will fail if writes have not completed, do -

mount -o remount /mnt/mmc
**OR**
mount -o remount /dev/mmcblk0p2

(Depending on which it the problem - blk0p2 still mounted or /mnt/mmc still busy).

NOTE: There is no option following the remount command, that is not a typo! Used
without a "ro" or "rw" option to the remount command will cause all buffered writes to complete.
AND the command will block (not return) until the eMMC catches up.

Once that special version of the mount command (completes and) returns, THEN issue the umount command.

*** At least that is the expected behavior of full version of umount ***
*** If the Kpw doesn't have the full version, you will have to test if the Busybox version behaves the same. ***

Code:
mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /mnt/mmc
[root@kindle root]# ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_
pack
cp: can't stat '/mnt/mmc/etc/shadow': No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]#

Last edited by knc1; 12-04-2012 at 04:45 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote